Therapeutic horseback riding is the use of horses and equine-assisted activities in order to achieve goals that enhance physical, emotional, social, cognitive, behavioral and educational skills for people who have disabilities.
The Veteran Barn Door Project is committed to bringing balance and trust through horse therapy. Our mission is to provide the structure and the services through equine activities that can support the healing process for PTSD.
What We OFFER
- Horse riding lessons by certified instructors.
- Non-riding therapy through horse grooming and care.
- Opportunity for social interaction.
- With instructors and volunteers that know horses you have a safe and welcoming environment.
- Other activities that promote and encourage positive sensory interactions.
- We can bring the horses to Veterans and their families to stables in their location.
- Supporting horse stables and their business.
- Fully insured for horse and rider.